As Memorial Day and summer inch closer it’s time to shed the layers for lighter summer wear. A great way to show off sun kissed legs is with a pair of cut off jean shorts. Here are a few tips to creating your own custom pair.
- Grab an old pair of boyfriend or relaxed fit Jeans, preferably Men’s. We like Levi’s 501
- Cut off the legs of the jeans at a slight angle at your desired length
- Grab a cheese grater, a block of sand paper and your scissors
- Cut horizontal slits where you’d like to have some fraying. Rub sandpaper or a cheese grater over the area
- Throw the shorts in the wash. Ta-da you have your own custom, destroyed denim shorts
Try this look for day with a cropped tee and some embellished sandals, like Rihanna did at Coachella 2012…
….or by night with a blazer and pointed toe pumps.
Check out this pair of Levi’s for auction at shoplindasstuff.com which would make a great pair of cut offs!
Have fun and experiment with different lengths or styles! It’s the perfect way to create a summer wardrobe without breaking the bank!
This post was created by Sara Crouse.