“I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.” – Audrey Hepburn
Audrey Hepburn is a style icon and someone who we will forever admire for her beauty and poise. People of all ages still watch her movies (how could you not love Breakfast at Tiffany’s?!) and look to her for style inspiration. Her legacy transcends generations, proving that she is timeless. In honor of what would have been the lovely Audrey Hepburn’s 85th birthday last Sunday, we want to highlight the fashion icon and humanitarian. Here are some facts you might not about the raven haired beauty:
- Hepburn was born May 4th, 1920 in Belgium
- She originally wanted to be a prima ballerina, but because of health issues and lost time during WWII, she was unable to fulfill this dream
- Her favorite poem was Sam Leverson’s “Time Tested Beauty Tips.”
- She won an Academy Award for Best Actress in a leading role for Roman Holiday in 1954
- An Emmy for Outstanding Individual Achievement – Informational Programming for “Gardens of the World with Audrey Hepburn”
- A BAFTA For Best British Actress (1954, 1960, 1965)
- A Golden Globe for Best Motion Picture Actress -Drama for Roman Holiday
- In 1961 she was inducted to the International Best Dressed List
- Hepburn was awarded World Film Favorite Female in 1955
- She was best known for her big eyes, and simplistic, classy style
- In 13 years, she filmed 15 movies
- In 1988, she became the UNICEF Ambassador and completed more than 50 missions worldwide
We can be sure that Hepburn’s signature style is timeless and her legacy is everlasting.
If you are interested in Hepburn’s humanitarian work, check out her website and find out how you can get involved as well!