Spring is finally here, and with it one of our favorite seasons – Wedding Season! After shopping for the perfect bridal shower gift and the perfect wedding present, it’s time to shop for your perfect wedding day outfit. If you’re in the bridal party, you might not have a say in what you’re wearing, but for the rest of the guests here are some outfit ideas to keep you looking hot at the reception.
- The Classic: Little Black Dress– add a pair of fun colored pumps and other accessories to lighten it up! The plus side of this kind of dress is that you can wear this dress over and over again. By adding fun accessories you can change the way the dress works for you. With different adornments such as jewelry and pumps, you might even be able to get away with wearing this to more than one wedding!
- Strapless– After a long, cold winter, it’s time to let your arms enjoy the limelight! Pick a fun statement necklace to complete your warm-weather look. Having a unique texture, like this purple Alice + Olivia tiered dress adds interest your outfit. Strapless dresses have become a wedding staple for good reason.
- Vintage with a Modern Twist– add some retro glam to your wedding style. Polka dots, full skirts, a wide halter top, worn with a wavy up do gives you the glamour of Old Hollywood without looking too costume-y. The 1950’s style with bigger skirts and smaller waists helps create and show off your beautiful hourglass figure. And who doesn’t want to swing around the dance floor with a fuller skirt!
- Turquoise, Mint Green, Tiffany’s Blue– This color palette is all the rage right now! It’s a fun way to do pastels. It accentuates your tan and looks great with different colored accessories. Black will bring out the contrast, while pretty pinks can make you even brighter. It’s a fun color that lets you seem playful and stick out in a crowd.
- Lace– A personal favorite of mine, I feel as if lace never goes out of style. Keep your lace look up to date by adding in subtly. A higher lace collar on a lower cut dress is a good way to keep it classy. Lace gives you the texture and elegance while you can make it your own in many ways. Keep it pretty and simple with your accessories and let your lace shine!
Don’t forget to have fun with your wedding day style, most of the eyes will be on the bride- but more than a few will glance at you!